The Loan Refinancing Assistance Pilot Project (LRAPP) program is now available to homeowners in Crook, Deschutes, Jackson, Jefferson and Josephine counties. This program is designed to address the needs of homeowners in these counties, who suffer disproportionately from the foreclosure crisis in Oregon. To learn more Continue>>
Developed by Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley, the Rebuilding American
Homeownership Assistance (RAHA) Pilot Program aims to provide a refinancing opportunity for
homeowners that are underwater on their mortgage. To learn more Continue>>
Mortgage Payment Assistance Programs (MPA)
The Mortgage Payment Assistance Program was the largest program offered by OHSI. There were three separate offerings for Mortgage Payment Assistance providing assistance to unemployed, underemployed or financially distressed homeowners by providing up to 12 full months of mortgage payments or $20,000, whichever comes first.
MPA will provide an estimated $148 million in assistant to more than 11,000 homeowners statewide.
- Applications for Home Rescue were accepted April 2013 through July 1, 2014.
- The program anticipates providing $21 million in assistance to an estimated 2,500 homeowners statewide.
Mortgage Payment Assistance
- Applications for the Mortgage Payment Assistance Unemployment (MPAU) program were accepted December 2011 through August 2013.
- The program will provide an estimated $30 million in assistance to 2,000 homeowners statewide.
MPA1 Mortgage Payment Assistance
- Applications for the Mortgage Payment Assistance Program (MPA1) were accepted December, 2010 through January 2011.
- Over 4,700 homeowners statewide received $86 million in assistance.
Loan Preservation Assistance
- The Loan Preservation Assistance (LPA) program was designed to help homeowners preserve or maintain their existing mortgage by paying off past due payments and fees in order to bring their mortgage current. Some Mortgage Payment assistance participants also qualified for reinstatement of arrearages through the Loan Preservation Program.
- The program will provide an estimated $10 million in assistance to 3,900 homeowners statewide.
The Homeowner Education and Verification program is designed to provide OHSI Program Participants with the tools and information that will help them make the most of their assistance. This program is mandatory for participants to maintain eligibility. To learn more Continue>>