Trusted financial support to protect your home
If you have a reverse mortgage and have received a default notice, OHSI is here to help. We provide up to $40,000 to help homeowners get out of default on their reverse mortgages. OHSI may also pay up to 24 months of your future property tax and homeowner’s insurance payments. If you qualify, these funds are available at no cost to you as long as you do not sell your home or refinance it for cash for at least five years.
"OHSI's support gave me peace of mind that I would be able to live in my home into my old age."
-Laura, Clackamas County
Am I eligible?
To receive this benefit, you must meet the qualifications listed below and on our complete eligibility checklist.
If you have questions about whether you qualify,
please contact us.
• In default on my reverse mortgage
• Recovering from a financial hardship, such as a job loss, income reduction, medical issue, disability, death or divorce
• Is my primary residence
• Is a single-family home or has up to four units
• Is the only residential property I own
• Is a home equity conversion mortgage (HECM)
• Is high enough that I will be able to afford my property tax and homeowner’s insurance payments after receiving OHSI's financial support (see the complete eligibility checklist for details)
• Is within the limits in the table below
|Household size||Maximum yearly income|
How to apply
Applying for Reverse Mortgage Support involves a few key steps. Visit How It Works for more details on the application process.
Mark your calendar:
You can start to fill out the online application every other Wednesday at noon. All application materials are due Friday the following week. Click here to learn more and view the application calendar.
Gather your documents:
Tax returns, mortgage statements and other documents are required to apply. We recommend gathering these materials before getting started. View the list of the documents you need.
Complete your application:
There are two parts to the application process—completing an application and submitting your documents. A limited number of people can apply, so get started as soon as you can.
Allow time for processing:
It can take four to six months to process the application and provide your financial support. We will contact you as soon as your application has been processed.